We start early, really early.
We will meet at the Marina pre-dawn. The sun rise on Lake Ontario is spectacular and signals the beginning of the best salmon fishing experience of your life.
Now if you’re more of a brunch person, just let Captain Bill know he can turn his alarm off.
The Reel Release is one of the biggest fishing charter boats on Lake Ontario. Bigger gives you the comfort to fish all day and the capacity to fish more rods giving you more chances at that trophy King.
We use the best professional tournament gear, but your secret fish catching weapon is Captain Bill! He finds fish when everyone else is still looking.
The Reel Release is 45′ long with a 15′ beam and twin 600HP motors making her more than capable of handling anything Lady O can give her and fast enough to get back to port if the weather turns.
Captain Bill has over 30 years ocean and lake sailing experience and is the only guide with a Transport Canada Marine Master Limited Captain’s License and a US Coast Guard.
Read his full bio here.
Captain Bill guarantees fish, but his goal is always to find you trophy King Salmon. His nearly 20 years guiding on Lake Ontario is why he is able to consistently put his clients on the big fish.
Mornings: 5 AM or 7 AM
Afternoons: 2 PM or 4 PM
What to Bring
This is a list of everything you will need to make your trip the best fishing experience of your life.
NOTE: The Reel Release fishing boat is a NON-SMOKING vessel. Please respect this rule.
Clothing and Gear
- Clothes for the season. Lake Ontario Toronto water temps generally cool the air down especially during the spring months.
- Soft soled shoes
- Hat or visor
- Rain gear if rain is in the forecast.
Other Important Stuff
- Ontario Fishing License – (or from your captain)
- Snacks or food. We have a refrigerator to keep lunches fresh.
- Beverages of choice. (Please, no glass containers)
- Cooler for transporting your catch home at the end of the day. Bring ice or you can buy bags at the marina.